The shoulder joint is covered by a capsule and it becomes stiff, inflamed and tight resulting in severe pain, restriction in movement and disturbed night sleep.
Symptoms of Frozen Shoulder :
- Pain even in rest
- Restriction of movements
- Disturbed night sleep
- Difficulty in combing hair and wearing clothes
- Common in Diabetes mellitus
Causes of Frozen Shoulder :
- There is a decrease in synovial fluid in the joint. As a result, the lubrication in the joint reduces and thereby the shoulder capsule thickens, swells, and tightens and form adhesions.
- The space between the capsule and ball of the humerus reduces and results in stiff, tight shoulders..
Treatment for Frozen Shoulder :
- Physical therapy
- Intra-articular steroid injections
- Manipulation of shoulder joint under anesthesia
- Arthroscopic release of the capsule