Tennis elbow also medically known as Lateral Epicondylitis is a painful condition of the elbow arising out of overuse or strain. Though it is termed tennis elbow, playing several sports including tennis and badminton can result in this condition.
- Pain in the bony area on the outside of the elbow
- Pain that radiates to the upper or lower arm
- Difficulty in performing simple tasks like gripping an object or making a fist.
- Difficulty in driving a two-wheeler, doing household and kitchen work
- Sports injury – While playing tennis, cricket, badminton.
- People involved in heavy weight lifting or household chores that entail repetitive lifting of weights are highly susceptible
- Improper gripping technique while playing a sport
- Cold Compress to the elbow to reduce pain and swelling
- Wearing an Elbow brace to protect and prevent further strain
- Medical Practitioner prescribed NSAIDs
- Physical therapy/Occupational therapy
- Injection PRP (Platelet rich plasma)
- Surgery as a last option